Last Updated: 31 May 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at PolySwarm Pte. Ltd. ("Company", "we", "us", or "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Please note that you are responsible for any files you submit to, review or analyze using our Services and it is your responsibility under our Terms of Service to ensure there is no protected information within the files you share with us.
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data. We collect the following categories of personal information that you provide to us:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, account credentials, and other similar contact data.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Google, Github, Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we collect your social media handle and other information as described below.
Marketing information. This includes your preferences for receiving communications about our activities and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications, and what events, webinars and other arrangements you sign up for.
Feedback or correspondence. This includes information you provide when contacting us with questions, or provide feedback, product reviews, or otherwise correspond with us.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you use our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you use our Services, such as the type of computer or mobile device accessing our Services, and interactions over time with our Services. This information includes device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs and URLs you visit when the Service is enabled, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in the "Cookies Policy" section below.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Google, Github, Facebook and Twitter, if you log in using these services), as well as from other third parties. The information we receive from other sources includes: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
In Short: We process your information to operate and deliver the Services, for business and product development, for marketing and advertising, to comply with applicable laws, for compliance, fraud prevention, and safety, and to create anonymous statistics.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
To operate and deliver the Services, including:
- Account creation, including registering and identifying you as a user setting up your profile, and logging and saving your account and profile settings;
- Providing, operating, maintaining, and securing your account and the Services, and fulfilling transactions;
- Communicating about the Services, including by responding to questions, providing customer support, and sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Resolving disputes, collecting fees, and troubleshooting problems.
For business and product development, including to analyze and improve the Services, develop new products and services, identify usage trends, and operate and expand our business activities.
For marketing and advertising, including:
- Direct marketing. This includes sending you newsletters and email marketing in accordance with your preferences, providing you offers, guides, events, webinars, and relevant promotions, and tailoring communications with you to accommodate your areas of interest and focus.
To comply with law. As we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety, including to: protect our or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
To create anonymous statistics, including by aggregating information and removing information that makes the data identifiable, which we use to develop, improve and promote our Services, and for forecasting purposes.
We generally use personal information for the purposes described above where it is necessary for our commercial interests, your interests or the interests of a third party provided that such uses do not unfairly prejudice your rights. We may also use your personal information where we ask your consent to do so or where we are required by law.
In Short: We share your information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service Providers, including hosting services, email services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer support services, and analytics services.
- Professional Advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
- Business Transaction Recipients, such as counterparties and others assisting with a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, asset sale, or similar transaction, and with successors or affiliates as part of or following that transaction.
- Government Authorities, where required to do so to comply with applicable laws or regulatory requirements, to comply with court orders, and to enforce, defend, protect and assert our legal rights.
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the U.S. If you are accessing our Sites from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the U.S. and other countries.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will take steps to delete, archive, aggregate or anonymize it. We may retain backup archives that we securely store and isolate from further processing.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will be sufficient to protect against all types of threats.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
In Short: We provide you with choices concerning how we processing your information, and you may have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Access or update account information. Users who have registered for an account with us, may review and update certain personal information in their account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. Recipients of marketing emails may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at [email protected]. Even if you opt out, you will continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Your privacy rights. The laws of your country of residence (including if you live in the European Union or United Kingdom or in California) may give you certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to:
- Access. Obtain information about our processing of your personal information and receive access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to certain processing activities involving your personal information.
You may submit these requests by email to [email protected]. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by email at [email protected]., or by post to:
PolySwarm Pte. Ltd.
548 Market Street #37005
San Francisco, CA 94104
What are cookies and similar technologies?
- Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
We refer to all these technologies collectively as “cookies.”
We use the following categories of cookies:
|Essential||These cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our services (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).|
|Functionality/ performance||These cookies are used to enhance the functionality and performance of our website.|
|Analytics||These cookies help us understand how our website is performing and being used. We use Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.|
|Advertising||These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our website and to show you ads that may be relevant to your interests. We use social media cookies, such as cookies from Twitter, for this purpose.|
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.